Open Parallel Electromagnetic 2D – A free, open-source electromagnetic simulator for 2D waveguides and transmission lines.
- Full-wave solver
- Simultaneously solves electric and magnetic fields
- Advanced finite-element method (FEM) with arbitrary high-order elements
- Adaptive mesh refinement
- Parallel processing using the Message Passing Interface (MPI)
- Extensive worked examples
- Front-end tool to automate setup of common problem types
- Licensed under GPLv3 or later
- propagation constant
- characteristic impedance
- dielectric loss
- conductor loss
- surface roughness loss
- field distributions
- Dominant and higher-order modes
- Arbitrary cross section
- Arbitrary high frequencies
- Aug. 8, 2022 – Released version 1.0.
- Aug. 22, 2022 – Released version 1.1.
- Adjusted for partially overlapping boundaries and mode lines.
- Added the front-end tool “builder” to build the needed input text files for common transmission line and waveguide types.
- Aug. 24, 2022 – Released version 1.1.1 with bug fixes and improved error reporting in builder.
- Aug. 25, 2022 – Ported the source code to GitHub and updated links and installation instructions.
- Sept. 1, 2022 – Released version 1.2 with added pre-compiled binaries for Linux.
- Sept. 2, 2022 – Released version 1.2.1 with a makefile typo fix and updated installation instructions.